Penarol youth coach Goncalves delighted for Valverde over Real Madrid breakthroughby Carlos Volcano17 days agoSend to a friendShare the lovePenarol youth coach Nestor Goncalves is delighted seeing Fede Valverde make an impact at Real Madrid.Goncalves is the son of Uruguayan great Tito Goncalves and coached Valverde at Penarol.He told AS: “A while ago I sent his mother a message from three years ago, where on that day I predicted her son’s present. He has no roof. “For some it will be a surprise, but for me it is not. What I expect from him I know is going to happen because that’s how it was.”His mother Doris always tells me that I was important to him and that fills me with enthusiasm. There is nothing more rewarding than continuing to maintain a friendship of so many years. They have sent me (Real coach Zinedine) Zidane’s statements about Fede and they are very happy.” About the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say
ESPN PlayoffThe college football preview of ESPN The Magazine has been released. In the magazine are a number of predictions for the 2016 season. Twitter/Playoff.Among them: a College Football Playoff forecast. ESPN college football expert Brad Edwards has made his prediction for the playoff and the New Year’s Six bowls. Here’s ESPN The Magazine‘s College Football Playoff:No. 1 Oklahoma vs. No. 4 WashingtonNo. 2 LSU vs. No. 3 ClemsonHere’s ESPN The Magazine‘s national championship:No. 1 Oklahoma over No. 3 Clemson. The rest of the New Year’s Six bowls:Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic: Houston vs. Notre DameCapital One Orange Bowl: Florida State vs. AlabamaRose Bowl: Michigan vs. USCAllstate Sugar Bowl: Tennessee vs. TCUThe full magazine is on newsstands now. [ESPN]
MOSCOW — Russia’s Defence Ministry says it has received 30 Soviet WW II-era T-34 battle tanks from Laos — a move reflecting the national veneration of the weapon.The ministry said Wednesday the tanks are fully combat-ready and will be used in military parades and for making World War II movies.The T-34 played a key role in defeating the Nazis and became a widely revered symbol of the nation’s heroism and suffering. A film describing feats of a T-34 crew has topped the national box office this month.The ministry said more than 58,000 T-34s were built between 1940 and 1946, making it the world’s most widely produced tank, but only several of them have remained in working condition in Russia. The T-34 was widely exported and used in numerous conflicts.The Associated Press
TAYLOR, B.C. – The Seventh Annual Arnie Isberg One-Pitch Tournament will round the bases this weekend in Taylor.The tournament has been raising money for the Fort St. John Hospital Foundation over the past six years, with funds going towards cancer treatment and diagnostics. Since the Arnie Isberg planning committee took over the tournament, they’ve raised $80,000 for the cause. The committee hopes to raise $20,000 this year to break that $100,000 threshold.24 teams have registered to compete at the tournament, while another 14 are on a waiting list to get in. One of the tournament’s organizers, Becky Pruden, explained that it’s a fairly exclusive tournament because everyone wants to get in to help the cause. “We have a waiting list of 14, we were able to put two of them on from last year, which was really exciting as these teams have been waiting a while to get on.” said Pruden, “It’s kind of an exclusive tournament, if you can’t make it then your down to the bottom of the lineup.”Participants are only given one pitch, so they will either walk, strikeout, foul out, or get a hit. Teams will play a round robin on Friday and Saturday until 2:00 p.m. Followed by a double-elimination playoff, with the finals taking place Sunday afternoon.Featured at the tournament will be the annual Illumination Ceremony, where residents can purchase bags and write a message to friends or loved ones who are fighting, or lost their battle to cancer. The Bags are lit up and lined around the field so residents can walk the diamond and pay their respects. Bags are $5 each, with the Illumination Ceremony starting at 9:00 p.m. on Saturday.“Everyone walks around, takes a moment and it is really incredible, It’s really fantastic.” said Pruden, “We really encourage our players to have that moment of silence and the community to come down and really embrace what this tournament is actually about.”The first game of the tournament starts Friday at 7:00 p.m.
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Thursday cancelled the bail of former Jharkhand minister Yogendra Sao, against whom several cases of rioting and instigating violence have been registered.A bench headed by Justice S A Bobde said it is satisfied that have been breach of bail conditions imposed on Sao in December 2017 as his “unauthorised presence” was found in Jharkhand. Sao had been directed to stay in Bhopal. The apex court comprising justices S A Nazeer and Indira Banerjee transferred the trial in 18 criminal cases against Sao and his MLA wife Nirmala Devi, an accused in similar cases, from Hazaribagh in Jharkhand to Ranchi. Also Read – Uddhav bats for ‘Sena CM’However, the top court rejected the state government’s plea seeking cancellation of Devi’s bail, saying the deviations in bail conditions in her case were minor in nature. It refused to accept Devi’s prayer to allow her to stay in Patna instead of Bhopal. On January 21, the Jharkhand government had told the apex court that Sao was threatening an investigating officer posted in Barkagaon police station in Hazaribagh district and a case has been registered against him. Also Read – Farooq demands unconditional release of all detainees in J&KThe state government had asked for cancellation of Sao and Devi’s bail, saying they were not staying in Bhopal as directed by the top court and also did not attend trial court proceedings when they were in Jharkhand. On January 15, the apex court had asked Sao and his wife to explain on how many occasions they did not attend trial court proceedings despite being in the state. The top court had also asked the couple about the circumstances in which they were out of Bhopal, saying the exception granted to them was that they would enter Jharkhand only to attend trial court proceedings. Both Sao and Devi were granted bail on December 15, 2017, by the top court and they were directed to stay in Bhopal as a bail condition. They were allowed to visit Jharkhand only for court hearings under police protection after intimating Bhopal superintendent of police. The Jharkhand government has said that out of 260 days, Sao had been in Jharkhand for more than 150 days and hardly spent 25 days in Bhopal. It has claimed that Sao travelled out of Bhopal on 24 occasions, out of which he travelled to Delhi a dozen times. It has said that in 11 cases registered against Sao, charges were not framed by the trial judge as he did not appear before the court despite directions from the top court. It has said several criminal cases were pending against the couple. The cases are at various stages of trial, including at the level of framing of charges, where their presence is needed. The apex court had taken exception to the charge framing order passed by a court in Jharkhand through instant messaging application WhatsApp. It had wondered how this kind of a “joke” was allowed to happen in a court of law in India. A lower judge in Hazaribagh district had put Sao on trial by pronouncing the order framing charges against them through a WhatsApp call. Both Sao and Devi had challenged the order in apex court, saying the trial judge had on April 19 last year framed charges against them through a WhatsApp call despite they raising objections to it. The apex court took serious note of it and observed that this process cannot be allowed, and administration of justice cannot be allowed to be brought into disrepute. The couple had sought transfer of their cases from Jharkhand to New Delhi. Both Devi and Sao were accused in a case relating to violent clashes between villagers and police in 2016 in which four persons were killed. Sao was a minister in the Hemant Soren government in August 2013.
15-year old Laxmi Agarwal had no idea that a seemingly ordinary day of 2005 would turn her life upside down. Agarwal was returning home after her music class, when she was attacked by 32-year-old man Gudda and his alias Nadeem Syed whose advances she had rejected.Laxmi, who is now a single mother of a girl, says though she has made peace with the unfortunate past, the dreadful memories still haunt her. “I don’t think I will ever be able to push those memories out of my mind. I was leading a normal life, and one incident suddenly took my life by storm. Thereafter, I had to go through 70-80 operations, my studies were hampered, and dreams were shattered. I had no idea if I would ever be able to bring my life back on track, or inspire a thousand people, or become subject for a movie,” states Laxmi, who survived the situation and emerged out as a winner. Also Read – An income drop can harm brain”Today, I feel proud to see myself standing strong. I don’t cry anymore. I have successfully managed to explain people that my beauty if defined by the work that I do, and not how I look. But whatever happened in all these years– say it the demise of my father and brother, or the disorientation of my family – it’s unforgettable,” she adds. Laxmi advocated against acid attacks by gathering 27,000 signatures for a petition to curb acid sales, taking that cause to the Indian Supreme Court. She is the Founder of Stop Sale Acid – a campaign against acid violence and sale of acid. Also Read – Shallu Jindal honoured with Mahatma AwardWhile rising from the ashes, one thing Laxmi knew was that she was not a victim. “I was never a victim, will never become one, and won’t let anybody else victimise others. I hate how casually this word is used. Why to call anybody a victim” she questions. The acid attack survivor walked the ramp for Designer Laxmi Shirali at India Runway week, which was held in the Capital recently. Agarwal is happy about the fact that they (Designers and organisers) have chosen an acid attack survivor to step up and explain the real meaning of beauty. “We need to understand that beauty is much more than superficial appearance. And events like these give out a message to society as well as other survivors like me, to muster courage and make something meaningful out of this life. If somebody could take inspiration from my story and achieve what they always dreamt of, I will be the happiest person on the planet.” Laxmi’s life and struggle has inspired an upcoming Bollywood film titled Chhapaak, which will see Deepika Padukone in the titular role. The movie will bring into light some unexplored aspects of Laxmi’s life…but does that make her insecure? “When a celebrity like Deepika comes out to support a cause and speak on behalf of all the acid attack survivors, it’s an answer to all those (the society) who constantly try to suppress people like us. As far as the fear of showing the unknown sides of me is concerned, I would say that Laxmi is an open book. The fear vanished soon after the attack. The person Laxmi was in 2005 doesn’t exist anymore. She is a completely different personality now. She has no fears, no inhibitions.” “For the rest, you need to wait and watch the movie. I can’t reveal much,” she concludes.
Royton Town had gone to play Stockport Georgians on Saturday without a complete squad.They had told their host they included one of their regular’s father to make up for their incomplete squad, and they spoke of no one else but Paul Scholes.No one was expecting to see someone of Scholes’ type playing in the 11th tier of English football, but it happened that the unexpected came to pass.Scholes: Paul Pogba will be forgiven at Man United Andrew Smyth – August 10, 2019 Manchester United legend Paul Scholes believes Paul Pogba’s comments of wanting a new challenge is nothing to fret about.Scholes played for the manager of Royton, Mark Howard after he was invited to come and fill up the team’s incomplete number.According to BBC, Howard had this to say: “We had eight or nine of our senior players missing and Paul said he’d be happy to help out if we were ever short as his son Arron plays for us.“It’s great for the league. He raises the level of those around him by 10-15% and opponents don’t want to look stupid in front of him.”
State revenue projections do not reflect the governor’s proposed budget, according to the board. The district faces a loss of more than $22 million if the governor’s proposed budget passes. State of Alaska revenue projections for FY20 is based on the BSA of $5,930 of the State of Alaska Foundation Funding Formula. This is the same BSA amount used by the state for the FY17, FY18 and FY19 budget years, according to documents provided by the school board. State revenues include $79,009,719 for Foundation Funding, $287,358 for Quality Schools funding, and $2,100,012 One-time funding for a total of $81,397,089. Lastly, the budget requests maximum funding from the borough. KPBSD Communications Liaison Pegge Erkeneff: “The School Board has been meeting and on April 1 when we need to pass a budget we’ll be putting forth a budget that is fully funded, like the legislature last year put into law. We will request full funding from the borough, and going forward with full funding in our budget. A million dollars is 10 teachers, so that is a lot of money, that’s 10 lives in our community.” According to Jones the budget is based on status quo flat funding from the state using the base student allocation, and also includes last year’s one-time funding appropriated by the state Legislature. Kenai Peninsula Borough Mayor Charlie Pierce told district officials in a Facebook live event earlier this month that they needed to ’embrace upcoming changes’: “The truth of the matter is for the educators out there, it’s simple math. You’re going to take a $20 million dollar hit from the state, we’re (the borough) going to take about a $20 million dollar hit from the state, that’s $40 million dollars. There is no way that we can fund you to the cap, and even if we did it’s not going to make a real big difference, you’re going to take a $20 million dollar hit. The Kenai Peninsula School District will look different next year.” Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享The Kenai Peninsula Borough School Board has released the Kenai Peninsula Borough School District’s preliminary FY20 budget. KPBSD Assistant Superintendent Dave Jones made the announcement at a Board of Education meeting on Thursday. Written in the budget documents: “Administration has, for demonstrative purposes, budgeted KPB support in the amount of $52,537,091. This budgeted KPB revenue amount is the projected maximum allowable local contribution for FY20. If maximum allowable funding is received, it will provide needed funding for the student social emotional support plan, continued support of existing programs, and increased costs associated with collective bargaining.” The Kenai Peninsula Borough School District will present their budget proposal to the School Board at their next meeting on April 1.