Paulino Almedelia, corporate planningmanager of Noneco, said this month’s lower generation cost amounted to onlyP0.1169/kWh although the transmission and systems loss charges increased by atotal of P0.0218/kWh. Meanwhile, the Negros OccidentalElectric Cooperative (Noceco) also reported a reduction in its January powerrate of P0.5418/ kWh – from last month’s P10.8869 to P10.3451 in the currentbilling. “The decrease in generation is minimalcommensurate to the decrease in the Wholesale Electricity Spot Market price,”Almedelia said. BACOLOD City – Reduction in generationcost has brought down residential power rates in three electric cooperatives inNegros Occidental for January. The Central Negros ElectricCooperative (Ceneco) on Monday announced its rate for the billing month of Januaryhas decreased by P0.0671 per kilowatt-hour (kWh) – from P10.4678 in December toonly P10.4007 in January. He added the minimal decrease was dueto the net fluctuation brought by the decrease in generation cost and anincrease in transmission cost. Power lines of Central Negros Electric Cooperative in Bacolod City. The reduction in generation cost has brought down residential power rates in three electric cooperatives in Negros Occidental this January. PNA BACOLOD FILE PHOTO Noceco general manager Jonas Discayasaid the lower electricity rate this month can be attributed to the P0.3393/kWhreduction in the generation charge – from P5.8864 in December to P5.5471 inJanuary.(With a report from PNA/PN) He added that despite the decrease inthe current month’s billing, consumers should still conserve energy to avoidpaying high electricity bills. Meanwhile, the Northern NegrosOccidental Electric Cooperative (Noneco) reported a drop in its power rate byP0.0391/kWh – from P11.0703 in December to P11.0312 in January. Jose Taniongon, officer-in-charge ofthe Office of the General Manager, said the P0.0671/kWh rate is due to thereduction in generation, transmission and system loss charges.
In a ruling dated Feb. 20, 2020 Judge EmeraldRequina-Contreras of the Regional Trial Court (RTC) Branch 23 ordered the courtsheriff “to place MORE Power in possession” of PECO’s identified powerdistribution properties for expropriation and “submit a report thereof to thecourt, with service of copies to the parties pursuant to Section 2 of Rule 67of the Rules of Court.” * Bolilao, Mandurriao substation (land,buildings, and machinery) The PECO power distribution assets that thecourt identified for MORE Power’s takeover were the following: * Baldoza-La Paz substation (land includingall machineries and improvements, buildings) * Tabuc Suba, Jaro substation (land,machinery) “The primary goal of the court is a smooth andpeaceful transition of operation, to protect the public interest of the peopleof Iloilo City and its businesses, and to ensure the uninterrupted supply ofelectricity,” stressed the court. It was on Jan. 2 when thecase was re-raffled to Gaspar’s sala after RTC Branch 35’s Judge Daniel AntonioGerardo Amular inhibited, too. * Avanceña Street, Molo substation (land, andbuildings, machinery) All of these have a total assessed value ofP217,940, 870. Also to be taken over by MORE Power arePECO assets listed under the distribution plant in the Energy Regulation Commissionrecord. These include meter lab, power plant building, switchboard house withtotal assessed value of P14,792, 680. The expropriation case dragged due to PECO’s legal challenge andhopped from one court to another. Requina-Contreras was the fifth judge tohandle it. It was re-raffled to her court after retiring Judge Gloria Madero of RTC Branch 29 who was supposedto handle the case – the fourth judge, in fact – deemed it proper to letanother RTC branch tackle the case. PECO had been Iloilo City’s monopoly power distributor for over 95years. MORE Power also petitioned the court to determine the reasonablevalue of PECO’s power distribution system assets for just compensation, thenorder the transfer of the ownership of these upon payment of a justcompensation. * General Luna substation (machinery) Also to be taken over by MORE Power arepersonal properties directly used in the electric distribution services inIloilo City such as consumers’ electric meters, poles, transformers,transmission and distribution equipment composed of primary and secondary lineson the streets of Iloilo City, and service vehicles and equipment used directlyin the distribution, maintenance and trouble-shooting activities. PECO’s franchise expired on Jan. 19, 2019. Itfailed to secure an extension or a new one from Congress which cited the manycomplaints from consumers over, among others, erroneous billing, poor customerservice and high rates. By MORE Power’s own estimate, PECO’s power distribution system isvalued at P481,842,450. The expropriation of PECO’s assets in its favor, according to MOREPower, would allow it to “immediately address and correct poor services,overcharging, frequent brownouts, expensive rates, old and unsafe facilitiesand practices, and other service deficiencies that this city’s power users andconsumers had long suffered.” In March 2019 MORE Power asked RTC Iloilo City Branch 37 to issuea writ of possession authorizing it to take immediate control, operation, use,and disposition of PECO’s power distribution system assets. The other judge whopreviously heard the case Judge Yvette Go of RTC Branch 37./PN ILOILO City – MORE Electric and Power Corp.(MORE Power) is set to take over the power distribution assets of PanayElectric Co. (PECO) more than a year after securing a franchise from thegovernment to be this city’s power distributor. In seeking the expropriation of PECO’s assets, MORE Power citedSection 10 of RA 11212 and Rule 67 Section 2 of the Revised Rules of Court authorizingit to take possession of, exercise control over, and manage and operate all ofthe power distribution assets in Iloilo City. It was on Jan. 27 when the case wasre-raffled to RTC Branch 29 of Madero after Judge Ma. Theresa Gaspar of RTCBranch 33 decided to inhibit citing her close ties to PECO owners. On Feb. 14, 2019 President Rodrigo Dutertesigned into law MORE Power’s franchise, Republic Act (RA) 11212.
Greensburg, In. — A Laurel woman has been arrested for theft by an-off-duty Greensburg police officer.On Sunday police responded to a report of a theft at the Walmart. An off-duty officer intercepted and stopped a car matching the description on northbound State Road 3 near County Road 300 North driven by Erin Watson, 29.During a consented search, police the stolen items in Watson’s purse and arrested her at the scene. Additionally, Watson admitted to a prior theft conviction.In June of 2016, Watson was treated for an overdose at Margaret Mary Health in Batesville and arrested for possession of a hypodermic needle.
“We have to make sure that when we have injuries to the incredible scale we have had this year that the players are able to come in and do a good job – and the players who have come in this season have done an exceptional job. “You also have to make sure that you are planning for next year and the years beyond. “Signing Jack Butland to an extended contract is a statement that we are in the Premier League for the long term.” “I think when you’ve got extremely good players it is only natural that there will be speculation about their future. “These players are also very ambitious and I include Asmir in that. He is a very focused, very talented and very ambitious young man. “He wants to make sure he can play at the very best levels his abilities will enable him to and to have a very good and successful career in the game . “We hope that we can fulfil all of those things at Stoke City.” Begovic’s deputy Jack Butland recently extended his contract until 2019 while manager Mark Hughes also agreed new terms on an extension. Scholes said that, and the recruitment which has taken place since they opted to change their manager for the start of last season, highlighted how they were planning for the future. “If you look at the deals we have done since Mark Hughes arrived then almost without exception they have been good deals and very good footballers,” he said. “It’s about making sure you are adding to the quality and improving all of the time, but we have also got a strong eye on making sure that we have got a depth of squad. The Bosnia international has regularly been linked with other clubs during his time at the Britannia Stadium, and although his current deal has just over 12 months to run, Scholes believes they can match the 27-year-old’s ambitions. “Clearly Asmir is a terrific goalkeeper and we are very keen to keep him at the club,” he told The Sentinel. Stoke chief executive Tony Scholes is hopeful they can keep hold of Asmir Begovic as the goalkeeper approaches the final year of his contract. Press Association
The complaint says the kidnappers dropped off the bound and passed out doctor in his car outside a Cheetah Gentleman’s Club, where he was discovered honking his car horn. He had burns on his hands and cuts on his face, according to the federal criminal complaint. Talk about a bad day. Two men are facing charges for kidnapping and torturing a doctor in Broward County.Prosecutors say the two men, Justin Boccio and Serge Nkorina, face up to life in prison if convicted on the federal charges for allegedly forcing the plastic surgeon into a van and torturing him for hours. Police say the duo tased him, tied him to a chair, burned his hands with a blowtorch, beat him and forced him to drink until he passed out. Finally he give up information about tens of thousands of dollars in cash and the alarm code to his home. The two then apparently tried to rob the man’s home but were unsuccessful.2 arrests made after Florida plastic surgeon kidnapped and tortured #Kidnapping #Torture @ccoddcbs4news https://t.co/BcyNCUDZKQ— CBS4 Miami (@CBSMiami) June 13, 2019
If you’re a foodie, you are going to like this.Flavor Palm Beach is being extended, thanks to Hurricane Dorian.The annual month-long event, which allows diners to sample of the county’s best restaurants with specially priced three-course meals for lunch and dinner, will now run through October 8.A list of participating restaurants and more information is available here.
The popular Netflix docuseries “Tiger King” is rekindling the attention of Florida law enforcement in the decades-old disappearance of Don Lewis, Carol Baskin’s second husband. Sheriff Chad Chronister is asking the public for “new leads” on the case of Don Lewis via Twitter. Lewis was married to Carole Baskin, who’s featured in Tiger King, and has been missing since 1997. The series has been one of the most talked about shows as of late. Joe Exotic (né Schreibvogel) has a nemesis or the story’s true hero—is Carole Baskin, the founder of Big Cat Rescue in Tampa, Florida. Baskin is the embodiment of what he refers to as “the animal rights people,” an activist who singles him out for persecution, and her crusade to put him out of business drives him to even more extreme measures. Carole Baskin is Joe Exotic’s rival that ultimately landed him 22 years in jail because, well, he was convicted of trying to hire someone to kill her. But the Netflix docuseries also sheds lights on Baskin’s own story involving her husband’s questionable disappearance in 1997. Lewis, 59, who ran an animal sanctuary in Citrus Park called Wildlife on Easy Street, vanished in August. He left home one morning and never came back. A few days later, his van was discovered at a private airstrip in Pasco County.Shortly after his disappearance in 1997, one witness reportedly saw Lewis slip into one of his apartments in Costa Rica in the middle of the night, according to Lewis’ family. The real estate tycoon owns 200 acres and several apartments there.He also began transferring ownership of property in Hillsborough County to a South American company, Witco Corporacion, that he controls in San Jose, records show.Many people think the Big Cat Rescue owner is responsible for her former husband’s death.Detectives asked Carole to take a polygraph test, but on the advice of attorney Ron Cacciatore, she declined.Two months before Lewis, then 60, disappeared, he filed a domestic violence injunction against his wife. He told a Hillsborough Circuit judge that she threatened to kill him, but the judge did not take the threat seriously and dismissed it.Carole Lewis says she never seriously fought with her husband, even though they did argue. Don Lewis was not serious about divorcing her, as he told his daughters, Carole Lewis said.So did Don Lewis run off or was he bumped off. Listen to Karen Curtis’ Full Rigor Podcast dropping on Monday for the latest on the disappearance of Don Lewis and his possible murder.
Manchester: Former skipper Sourav Ganguly has revealed that there were “too many gentlemen” in the team when he captained India and joked that’s why his side struggled with mental battles against tough opponents such as Australia.Speaking during the rain interruption in India’s World Cup semifinal clash against New Zealand at the Old Trafford, Sourav Ganguly said: “It was very hard with that team, because we had too many gentlemen. If you ask Rahul Dravid to do that, he’ll come back and say ‘No no no that’s not the right way to play.’“You ask V.V.S. Laxman to do that, he’ll say ‘I’m concentrating on my batting.’ And if you tell Sachin to do it, he will stand at mid-on and tell the mid-wicket fielder to sledge Steve Waugh, and himself not do it,” Ganguly revealed with Laxman laughing alongside him.The 47-year-old, speaking on Star Sports’ Cricket Live Show, further said that only off-spinner Harbhajan Singh was the one who followed his instructions. “There were a lot of issues in that team. The only ones holding the Indian flag were Harbhajan Singh and Sourav Ganguly. Sardarji did everything I told him to do,” he said.Ganguly was the captain of the Indian team from 2000 to 2005, a period when India beat Australia in a Test series at home and drew a Test series in Australia. IANSAlso Read: Sourav Ganguly Defends M.S. Dhoni, Says Afghanistan Knock One-Off
By Toby Davis(REUTERS) – A stunning strike from Jordan Henderson helped Liverpool secure a comfortable 2-1 win at Chelsea yesterday that ended the London club’s unbeaten start to the season and underlined the growing potential of Juergen Klopp’s side.Liverpool largely dominated the encounter and took a 2-0 lead after Dejan Lovren was left unmarked to steer home the opener and Henderson bent the ball into the top corner from 30 metres to put the visitors in command at halftime.Chelsea fought back after the break when Diego Costa side-footed home from close range after 61 minutes but there was little further goalmouth action as Liverpool comfortably held on.The win moved Liverpool level with Chelsea on 10 points after five games and prevented the Londoners from going top of the table.“We played football like hell,” said Klopp, whose side have now played Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur and Chelsea away from home in their opening fixtures.“It was really nice to watch. In the second half it was a bit more difficult. After their goal, we managed it well.”Liverpool were sharper from the start than Antonio Conte’s Chelsea, who seemed content to sit deep and invite pressure from the visitors, who happily set up camp in the hosts’ half in the opening stages.Daniel Sturridge threatened after only two minutes, curling a shot from the edge of the area that slipped from keeper Thibaut Courtois’s grasp and almost trickled over the line, but it was not long before Liverpool grabbed the lead.Typical of a sluggish Chelsea performance, Liverpool opened the scoring by catching the hosts napping at the back.A free kick found its way to Philippe Coutinho and his deep cross found four Liverpool players unmarked at the far post, with Lovren applying a cool side-footed finish past Courtois.Rather than prompt a Chelsea response, the hosts seemed to retreat further into their shell, making sporadic forays upfield but rarely threatening Liverpool’s goal.Henderson’s stunning second arrived after 36 minutes and was a fully deserved reflection of Liverpool’s first-half dominance.Gary Cahill cleared the ball to Henderson 30 metres from goal and he took aim before curling beautifully into the top corner.Having been completely outplayed in the first half, Chelsea briefly came out fighting after the break and pulled themselves back into the game on 61 minutes when Costa grabbed his fifth Premier League goal of the season.Nemanja Matic, anonymous in the first half, did brilliantly to carry the ball to the byline and pull back for Costa to sidefoot past Simon Mignolet and wake the home crowd.The striker then had a great chance to level four minutes later, swivelling on the ball before shooting straight at Mignolet from 15 metres, but if Chelsea were hoping to lay siege to the Liverpool goal in the closing stages, it never materialised.
SAVVY SENIORS: Louisiana-Monroe’s Michael Ertel, Tyree White and Chris Efretuei have collectively accounted for 51 percent of the team’s scoring this season, including 64 percent of all Warhawks points over the last five games.CREATING OFFENSE: Ertel has either made or assisted on 42 percent of all Louisiana-Monroe field goals over the last three games. The junior guard has accounted for 17 field goals and 14 assists in those games.WINLESS WHEN: Louisiana-Monroe is 0-15 this year when it scores 63 points or fewer and 9-4 when it scores at least 64.ASSIST DISTRIBUTION: The Warhawks have recently gotten baskets via assists more often than the Mountaineers. Louisiana-Monroe has an assist on 42 of 74 field goals (56.8 percent) over its previous three outings while Appalachian State has assists on 38 of 71 field goals (53.5 percent) during its past three games.STINGY STATE: Appalachian State has held opposing teams to 67.2 points per game, the second-lowest figure among all Sun Belt teams. Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditAppalachian State (16-14, 10-9) vs. Louisiana-Monroe (9-19, 5-14)Fant-Ewing Coliseum, Monroe, Louisiana; Tuesday, 8 p.m. ESTBOTTOM LINE: Louisiana-Monroe plays host to Appalachian State in a Sun Belt matchup. Each team is coming off of a loss in their last game. Louisiana-Monroe lost 79-63 on the road to Arkansas-Little Rock on Thursday, while Appalachian State came up short in an 84-77 game at home to Coastal Carolina on Saturday. App State, La.-Monroe meet in conference play ___For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25___This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com March 2, 2020 Associated Press