Results Pride beat Red Force by three wicketsPORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad (CMC):Barbados Pride defeated Trinidad and Tobago Red Force by three wickets in their final-round game in the Regional Super50 at Queen’s Park Oval yesterday.Scores:RED FORCE 226 all out off 50 overs (Darren Bravo 82, Denesh Ramdin 57, Kjorn Ottley 38; Jason Holder 4-35)PRIDE 227 for seven off 48 overs (Kraigg Brathwaite 48, Jonathan Carter 31, Jason Holder 25; Rayad Emrit 3-45)Volcanoes beat Hurricanes by five runsBASSETERRE, St Kitts (CMC):Windward Islands Volcanoes defeated Leeward Islands Hurricanes by five runs in their final-round, Group B game of the Regional Super50 at St Paul’s Sports Complex.Scores:VOLCANOES 243 for six off 49 overs (Sunil Ambris 74, Andre Fletcher 42, Tyrone Theophile 35, Kyle Mayers 30; Daron Cruickshank 2-47)HURRICANES 238 for nine off 49 overs (Orlando Peters 77, Nkrumah Bonner 35, Sherwin Peters 32; Delorn Johnson 3-36, Mervin Mathew 2-56).
As the country anxiously awaits the announcement of a date for General and Regional Elections, the coalition Cabinet has not met to discuss the February 2020 timeline given by the Guyana Elections Commission (GECOM) for the hosting of polls.AFC Leader Khemraj RamjattanOn Thursday GECOM Chair (ret’d) Justice Claudette Singh wrote President David Granger, informing him that the Elections Commission will be ready to host “credible elections” by the end of February 2020.The Head of State subsequently told the media that he would first discuss the letter with his Cabinet before commenting on it.However, Khemraj Ramjattan, the leader of the Alliance for Change (AFC) – the minority party in the governing coalition – said that no such meeting has been held as yet.“There was no Cabinet meeting [on Thursday] as far as I’m aware. The President did meet a couple Ministers and we’re gonna meet as a Cabinet, I understand, on Tuesday,” he told reporters at a press conference on Friday.According to Ramjattan, he does not know when the Head of State will be announcing a date for the hosting of polls while adding that is an exclusive preserve of the President.In her letter to the President, the GECOM Chair states: “Given all the objective factors, in addition to the deliberations of the Commission and my most recent consultations with our Secretariat, I have concluded, and take this opportunity to officially inform you that the Guyana Elections Commission will be able to deliver credible elections by the end of February 2020.”However, this timeline comes on the heels of the People’s Progressive Party (PPP) Opposition pushing to have elections before the end of 2019.Opposition Leader Bharrat Jagdeo on Thursday said he is “surprised” and “disappointed” with the timeline especially since only last week Justice Singh gave assurances to both Opposition and Government delegations that they are working towards an elections timeline before the end of the year.“We’re extremely disappointed with the date but happy that the excuse has been taken away from the caretaker President. So he no longer can blame GECOM for his unconstitutional acts of staying in office illegally,” Jagdeo said at his weekly press conference.Nevertheless, the Opposition Leader contended that while the party does not agree with her timeline, it still has faith in the fairness and impartiality of the GECOM Chair and her ability to deliver credible elections.At the same time, however, he expressed reservations about other actors within the elections body, whom he said have been working to sabotage the hosting of early elections.“There are individuals in that [Elections] Secretariat that we don’t trust. We’ve already spoken to the international community because having seen their performance in the last several months about how their timelines have all been extended and how they match APNU (A Partnership for National Unity – the majority party in the coalition) and how they disappear, we don’t believe they will fully support the Chairperson or give her proper advice. In fact, that is a big concern of ours,” he posited.Nonetheless, Jagdeo noted that while they are disappointed in the advice given by the GECOM Chair, the PPP is going to work hard to ensure that elections are held by the end of February 2020 not anytime later.On this note, he outlined that one good thing coming out of this extended timeline is the additional time that observers, both overseas and local, will have to scrutinise the preparation process for the hosting of elections.Furthermore, Jagdeo noted that while the coalition will have another two months more to squat and enjoy the perks of the office, the PPP will use this time to ensure Guyanese on the ground across the country are educated about their transgressions and their lack of respect for the Constitution.“So we’re a bit disappointed [about the timeline] but we’re patient too,” the Opposition Leader asserted.The February 2020 timeline submitted by GECOM will take elections to more than one year after the December 2018 passage of the No-Confidence Motion (NCM) against the APNU/AFC coalition Government. It will also be one month shy of one year when early elections were constitutionally due, that is, March 21, 2019.According to Article 106 (6) and (7) of the Constitution of Guyana, upon the passage of a motion of no-confidence, the Cabinet including the President shall resign and call elections within three months. However, with the legal challenges which ensued, that timeline was on pause but was subsequently reinstated after the July 18, 2019 Caribbean Court of Justice (CCJ) ruling, which validated the passage of the motion.Noting that Article 106 is clear, the Trinidad-based regional court also stated that both the Government and GECOM have the responsibility to abide by the constitutional provisions regarding the hosting of early elections.
A bait car is a vehicle owned by the police and is intended to be stolen, equipped with audio and video technology. After the bait car is stolen, its GPS tracking device monitors the location, speed and direction of travel.The dispatcher coordinates a police response and with the click of a button, the engine of the bait car is disabled, allowing for a quick arrest and better chance of conviction, thanks to the audio and video played in court.The bait car can be of any make or model, placed in an unspecified location around Fort St. John.- Advertisement – In addition to the bait car, RCMP has included ‘bait property’ in the program.Bait property can range from anything including, but not limited to, a tool box or gym bag. Of course, these items are monitored while in the vehicle by police.RCMP advises everyone to keep valuable possessions with you at all times, and if it must be left in vehicle, ensure the items are out of sight or better yet, locked in the truck.Advertisement The RCMP also says it’s in the best interest to “engrave your stereo and other vehicle accessories with your driver’s licence number” and use a vehicle anti-theft device.
HE may be a Glaswegian but Frankie Boyle will be shouting for Donegal during Sunday’s All-Ireland final clash with Cork at Croke Park.The controversial comedian sent a tweet earlier today wishing Paddy McBrearty and the Donegal team the best for the match.And earlier today he also tweeted: “I love Donegal. Who wants to go halfers on this?” The tweet included a link to this €25,000 property in Loughanure!COUNTDOWN TO CROKER: COMEDIAN FRANKIE BOYLE GETS BEHIND DONEGAL was last modified: August 25th, 2012 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:COUNTDOWN TO CROKER: COMEDIAN FRANKIE BOYLE GETS BEHIND DONEGAL
DONEGAL captain Michael Murphy has praised former county boss Jim McGuinness and vowed to continue the county’s success under a new coach.Murphy – who runs Michael Murphy Sports in Letterkenny with fellow county player Neil Gallagher – was speaking during a live online question and answer session on their sports shop’s social media sites.Responding to Donegal fan Sharon Walsh, the Glenswilly player replied: “Obviously Jim has left in recent weeks after a very successful time for all of here in Donegal. We have had 4 fantastic years, winning 3 Ulster championships and an All Ireland and Jim has played a huge part in that. “He has inspired us all and helped us all as footballers and people.”But Murphy was also looking the the future.He went on: “As a team of players we must all now move on and fully commit behind the next manager, whoever that may be, and we will all put our best foot forward for the good of Donegal by trying our very best to continue our success of recent years.” DONEGAL CAPTAIN MICHAEL MURPHY: ‘JIM WAS INSPIRATION, NOW WE’LL GET BEHIND NEW MANAGER’ was last modified: October 16th, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Jim McGuinnessMichael MurphyMichael Murphy Sportsonline
Jimmy Buckley will play a full 2 hour live concert on streets of Ramelton this Tuesday 2nd December and will turn on Rameltons Christmas lights. Jimmy will arrive in style to Gambles Square after 7pm and will start to sing at 7:30pm sharp. Jimmy will then switch on Rameltons long stretch of Christmas lights at 8:30 and will continue to play for an hour till 10pm.A massive effort from the local community of Ramelton has went into this years Christmas lights, plenty of late nights have been experienced by each member of the lights committee. This year, the towns display of lights is bigger and better than any other year and there only to get bigger and better in the years to come. Gambles square will be closed from 6pm on Tuesday. Parking will be sign posted and stewards will be present at each car park. There will be parking on the shore road for disabled and the eledary people only!Three gates, one at the shore road, the bottom of the tank and the bray near O’Donnell arms pub will be the only entrances into the arena. Admission is €5 per person and U14s go free. Rameltons own Christmas cards will also be on sale on the night, 6 unique cards for €4A huge crowd is expected so leave yourself plenty of time so you don’t miss this opportunity.We invite everyone young and old to come out and show Jimmy Buckley what a wee town like Ramelton can pull off. LIVE CONCERT BY JIMMY BUCKLEY AS RAMELTON SWITCH ON THEIR CHRISTMAS LIGHTS TONIGHT was last modified: December 2nd, 2014 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Christmas lightsFeaturesJimmy BuckleynewsNoticesRamelton
GAA NEWS: A brace of goals from Martin Breslin ensured that St Michael’s continued their 100% start to the new season in the All-County League Division One.Eddie Harkin’s side have been in brilliant form so far this season and have won all FIVE of their league games to date.St Michael’s were involved in a relegation scrap last season and needed extra-time to overcome Bundoran to avoid dropping into Division Two last season. They seem keen to avoid that scenario again this year and have started this season with real intent and will be hoping this year can finally be the year they win their maiden Donegal SFC title.However, Harkin’s charges didn’t have it all their own way at The Bridge this afternoon though, and were met by a resilient and spirited Dungloe side who were looking for their second win of the season.Martin Breslin found the net for St Michael’s in the first-half but that was cancelled out by Corey Gallagher’s goal midway through the half which ensured the sides headed for the interval all square at 1-05 apiece.The introduction of Colm McFadden in the second-half added a different dimension to the St Michael’s attack and he helped himself to a handful of scores to put St Michael’s ahead by three as the game entered its final stages. Dungloe kept plugging away and got within two points of St Michael’s but it was Breslin who ensured all the points would stay in The Bridge.He scored another goal with virtually the last kick of the game to ensure St Michael’s maintained their perfect record so far in 2015.Final score St Michael’s 2-12 Dungloe 1-10. GAA NEWS: BRESLIN BRACE PROVES DECISIVE AS ST MICHAEL’S MAINTAIN WINNING RUN was last modified: April 26th, 2015 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:dungloeGAAnewsSportSt Michaels
Pearse Doherty TD has said Fianna Fáil Leader Mícheál Martin’s latest musings on the Universal Social Charge smack of hypocrisy.Deputy Doherty was speaking today after reading the soft interview the Fianna Fáil leader in the Irish Independent in which he was given space to attack An Taoiseach Enda Kenny for his position on the USC despite having an almost identical position.He said “We are getting very used to Fianna Fail’s U-turns and a general lack of coherence as they struggle to run with the hare and hunt with the hounds but Micheal Martin attacking Fine Gael over their USC policy is the most far-fetched Fianna Fáil position so far. “Without even a hint of irony Mícheál Martin has called for honesty in the debate about the USC despite having an almost identical position as Fine Gael on the issue.“Next week in the Dáil Fianna Fáil will row up behind Fine Gael and vote for a reduction in USC. Fianna Fail’s manifesto committed to abolish USC for 90% of taxpayers. Both parties, despite the talk of Brexit and public pay pressure, are committed to the most reckless hollowing out of the tax base unseen since the days of Charlie Mc Creevy.“The reality is that Fianna Fáil’s position on the USC is equally as ridiculous as Fine Gael’s. They are both populist positions designed to win votes in the election and neither are in the land of reality, to use Mícheál’s own phrase.“Like water charges or the Help to Buy scheme Fianna Fáil are trying to have it both ways. They supported the Budget that started the process of abolishing the USC in this term. If Fine Gael are in Fantasy Land then Fianna Fáil are right next door in Denial World. “Only Sinn Féin have rejected the tax cutting approach that as we know from Department of Finance briefings would be regressive, narrow the tax base and would be of limited or no benefit to lower earners.“Fianna Fáil are in favour of using what precious little fiscal space we have on tax cuts costing billions while our hospitals and public services face crisis after crisis. That is a fact even Fianna Fáil can’t deny.”Martin’s musings on Universal Social Charge smack of hypocrisy – Doherty was last modified: November 18th, 2016 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
LOS ANGELES — Tight end George Kittle has only missed one game in his 49ers career, and he won’t be missing today’s visit to the Los Angeles Rams despite Friday’s groin injury.Kittle looked OK in warmups about two hours before kickoff. He’s excelled in his previous two Coliseum appearances: his nine-catch, 149-yard effort last year sealed his NFL single-season record for tight ends (1,377 yards), and he had a 100-yard outing in the 2017 season finale that the 49ers won here.
15 January 2013 South African Airways (SAA) has been chosen as “Best Business Class to Africa” and “Best Airline in Africa” in an annual survey done by readers of American travel magazine Business Traveler. The airline was presented with an award at a ceremony hosted by the magazine in New York City in the United States last week. “We acknowledge that Business Traveler’s readers are global travelers who expect the best on the airlines they fly,” said SAA’s executive vice president of North America, Todd Neuman. “These travelers have recognised the level of detail that SAA goes to in order to ensure their comfort, including the continual enhancements we make to our product both on the ground and in the air, which complement our convenient flight schedules and multitude of destinations served.” Changes have been made to the airline’s Premium Business Class service, including additional bedding for its 180 degree flatbed seats, as well as extra programming for its audiovisual entertainment systems and meals from South African Masterchef judge Benny Masekwameng. SAA also expanded its flight schedule by signing a bilateral code share agreement with US Airways on 19 December 2012. It offers greater access to destinations in both countries, including hubs in Philadelphia, Charlotte and Phoenix, as well as the opportunity for customers to earn and redeem Voyager miles. “South African Airways’ daily non-stop flight from New York to Johannesburg and its direct services from Washington (with a short stop in Dakar, Senegal) provide excellent connection opportunities to destinations throughout the airline’s extensive route network on the African continent,” the airline said in a statement. SAinfo reporter